When Big Hero 6 first made its way onto the silver screen, I could barely contain myself. Finally, a kids’ movie that exposes kids to a diverse animated cast, and strong female characters! I don’t want to go on too much of a tangent here, but all I can say is bravo, Disney, bravo.
Needless to say, I’m definitely planning a Big Hero 6 themed birthday party for one of my boys in the near future, and these are some of the ideas I’m thinking of incorporating into this heroic bash:
3 years and up
Red, White and a touch of Black.
Big Hero 6 Party Details
- I love how simply illustrated Baymax is! This makes it super easy to recreate his face on party elements like paper plates, white balloons, cupcakes and even party hats.
- Red and white will be the two main theme colours, with pops of colours mimicking the kids’ outfits here and there.
- How lovely is Honey Lemon – as a flavour but also as a character! This is the ideal opportunity to serve honey lemon cupcakes, iced tea and more.
- Kids love dressing up, and this time around they can be their OWN heroes. Encourage them to come up with their own “powers” and abilities, and create a costume that reflects their own character.
- Build a giant Baymax out of white balloons, and hide special prizes inside! Alternatively, you can write the prizes on small pieces of paper, which will be revealed once popped – much like a piñata with a twist.
- Serve foods in your colour scheme like ice cream and strawberries, red jelly topped with condensed milk, popcorn in red containers and so forth.
- If you are placing food labels around the food being served, name it according to the various Hero 6 characters e.g. Baymax approved snacks, Wasabi slices, Go Go Discs, Fred Fireballs, Aunt Cass’ Chicken Wraps, etc
For some Big Hero 6 party printables, check out Disney Studios Hero 6 Pinterest Board!
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!