Step aside unicorns and mermaids, it’s time to bring the barnyard to your home and into your little one’s party with a La…La…LLAMA party theme! Llamas are cute, whimsical and fuzzy and this is a winning combination for any little one’s party!
Soft colours with pinks and white traditionally being the dominant colours. But greens, blues, oranges / peach work well with this theme too.
Llama Party Details
The key to this party is to think whimsical!
- Incorporate the cactus into the theme – it’s definitely a growing trend and brings this festive theme together.
- For favours or bags, add the name of each child receiving a favour bag below a written or printed out line that reads “Como Se Llama?” (means What is your name?)
- Incorporate pink hearts on the table(s) – Llama is all about love and no drama, after all.
- Foods to help with bringing out the colours for this theme:
- Zoo biscuits
- Cupcakes with white icing topped with hundreds and thousands
- Get your hands on a few ice cream sticks and try sticking some Llama print outs towards the top of each stick for the children to use in their drinks or keep as a party souvenir.
- Pack different colours of candy floss e.g. white, light pink and light blue layers into small plastic bags and add a label that reads ““Llama Fluff”.
- Have white cupcakes with sprinkles of shredded coconut on the icing to give the Llama fluff look. Add 2 chocolate chips for the eyes and a marshmallow with a drawn on smile for the Llamas mouth.
- Using hundreds and thousands sprinkles where you can to bring out the colours of the theme. Works well on top of cupcakes, the cake, donuts, etc.
- Visit your local shop and find colourful paper plates to use for the food being served or for use by the guests at the party. Opt for more than 1 colour plate, for example pink and green plates, to mix and match the colours you have incorporated in the party.
- Search the web for Llama party printables – there are 100s of different prints you can do which won’t cost a fortune, will help with the DIY part of the party and will be a fun activity to do with your little Llama leading up to the party.
- What’s a party without a pinata?! And, a Llama pinata is a hit at any party, so don’t forget this little addition for the big day.
Images and their credits can be found on the Llama Party Inspiration Pinterest Board
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!