When you asked your little one what birthday theme they’d like, the answer was simple: something incredible. Well, that’s a tall order – or is it? With the release of Incredibles 2, I predict that every child is going to be asking for an “incredible party”, so here are a few tips and tricks for throwing the ultimate incredible bash:
- Opt for a red and black colour scheme with pops of bright yellow and orange everywhere.
- Have t-shirts printed for every child with the Incredibles logo on the chest.
- Use cardboard boxes and paper to build your own city skyline as a photo booth backdrop.
- You’re not an incredible without the signature black mask! If you don’t want to buy it from a party shop, make your own with black felt or paper and elastic.
- Print out little comic style signs like “Boom!” and “Pow!” which the kids can use as props in the photo booth.
- Set up an obstacle course in the backyard which they need to overcome with their “superpowers” – like pushing a “heavy” barrel across the yard like Mr Incredible, or running superfast like Dash.
- Other games can include “pin the mask to Violet’s face” and you can also give the kids slime to play with, as a throwback to Elastigirl. You can also challenge the kids to come up with their own superpowers.
- Serve superhero punch and plenty of cupcakes, cake pops and sweets in the colours of the Incredibles.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!