Trays are one of those elements that you only really need one of, yet odds are your kitchen cupboard is home to at least four or five that you either bought on a whim or inherited from an aunt. So let’s look at a couple of ways to reinvent the tray to be used outside of teatime:
- Cover the base of the tray in a thin sheet of metal and then attach the tray to the wall – ideal for use as a magnetic memo board or make-up organizer.
- Use trays as floating shelves in the living room, kitchen or bathroom – all you need are a couple of brackets and you’re good to go!
- Turn the trays into a portable “clay play” spaces for the kiddos, for neat and tidy playtime.
- Have a mirror cut to fit the base of the tray for a stunning reflective coffee table décor piece.
- Attach wooden legs to the tray to either turn it into a breakfast-in-bed tray or portable laptop station.
- Make a shoe/gumboot tray! Fill the tray with pebbles and place it by the front- or back door.
- Place the tray in the bathroom, next to the sink, as a stunning organiser for your lotions and beauty products.
- Coat the tray with blackboard paint and use it to serve a selection of cheese or canapés at your next dinner party.
- Place a tray on your bedside table to keep the little bits and bobs from falling off and rolling away under the bed.
- Put the tray to good use in the kitchen, as a means of cordoning off the coffee area on the kitchen counter.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!