With kids in the house dropping things left and right, you’re bound to have a couple of incomplete tea sets and mismatched cups. So instead of giving your pretty cups to a second hand shop or chucking them in the bin, consider these nifty recycling ideas:
- Plant mini cacti, succulents or herb seedlings in the teacups and create a lovely display in the kitchen.
- Turn vintage teacups into stunning candles by simply melting candle wax into the cup and inserting a wick.
- Use teacups to serve desserts and starters at your next dinner party.
- Teacups are ideal for sorting and organising – especially on your crafts or sewing table.
- Fit the teacups with little lights and hang them upside down above the kitchen counter.
- Compile a proper little tea set out of your odd cups for your little girls to play “tea party” with.
- Make little fridge tarts or jellies in teacups to entertain the kiddos or for your next tea party with your mommy friends.
- Use a teacup as a little flower pot on the coffee table, filling it with freshly cut blossoms straight from the garden.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!