Between dropping off the kids, going to work and managing the household, there’s not a lot of time to do your make-up much less keep the dressing table in order! Here are a couple of quick ideas to help you stay organised and pretty without too much fuss:
- Attach a metal plate to the wall next to your dressing table and attach magnets to your make-up.
- Grab an old spice rack to store your bottles of nail polish and foundation.
- Put those odd coffee mugs and teacups to good use by arranging them on a tray and storing different shades of make-up in them.
- Use stationery holders to organise hairbrushes, lip-liners and make-up brushes.
- Add some vintage charm to your dressing table with an assortment of old school cake tins.
- Fill the base of glass jars with rice or coffee beans to help your brushes stand up straight.
- For extra organisational points, paint the sides of the jars with black board paint so you can keep track of what’s supposed to be inside.
- A dish drying rack is the ideal way to store your palettes of eye shadow and blush.
- Invest in little terracotta planter pots or enamel cans for storing everything from cotton balls to hairbrushes.
- Add extra levels to your dressing table with a cake stand!
Original images and their credits available on https://za.pinterest.com/momtalksa/makeup-organizers/
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!