Ear buds are a common find in most households and bathrooms, but why should it stop there? With a little imagination and ingenuity, you can turn the seemingly dull ear bud into a creative and fun “display” that kids will love; this in turn makes instilling good hygiene habits somewhat of an easier task.
So without further ado, here are a couple of ideas for turning boring ear buds into something a little more exciting:
- Use ear buds as a tool for dotting paint during painting sessions to make cute little polka dots – perfect for creating flowers, raindrops, faces and so forth.
- Make an ear bud sheep for the kids’ bathroom! Simply poke the ear buds into a small styrofoam ball and use black clay to sculpt the head.
- Next time you’re looking for a gift for one of your girlfriends, compile a bag of cosmetics and make little “calla lilies” to go with it – simply by using cotton buds wrapped in cotton pads.
- Build a snowman or a collection of snowflakes and stars out of cotton buds – ideal for the kids’ bathroom or as a quirky Christmas display.
- Use cotton buds to make a paperless version of Hangman or – better yet – a safe version of pick-up sticks that poses no harm to little ones’ eyes.
- Ear buds also make a nifty tool for creating polka dot nail art, so be sure to keep a couple handy next time you attempt a home manicure.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!