Not much needs to be said about these chocolate brownies and, let’s face it, who doesn’t love a gorgeous and soft chocolate brownie served with cream / ice cream on a hot day!
This recipe makes 12 – 16 of these yummy chocolate brownies.
- 200g Clover Mooi River butter, and extra to grease
- 200g Chopped dark cooking chocolate
- 1t (5 ml) instant coffee granules
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1¼ c (270 g) castor sugar
- 1 t (5 ml) vanilla extract
- ¾ c (115 g) cake flour
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) cocoa powder
- ½ c (125 ml) roughly chopped pecan nuts
- ½ c (125 ml) roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
- Grease a square baking pan with melted butter and line with baking paper.
- Melt the butter, chocolate and coffee in a large heatproof bowl on a low heat in the microwave.
- Stir every 30 seconds, until the chocolate has just melted and is smooth.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the eggs and egg yolks into a large mixing bowl and whisk in the sugar until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture and vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder over the chocolate mixture, add the pecan and macadamia nuts and stir until only just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the centre is just set.
- Allow to cool completely for 4-5 hours, before cutting into squares.
- Serve with whipped cream or mint ice cream.
Credit: This recipe is a recipe featured in the book “Braai, the beloved country!” brought to you by Clover. For more info on the book and it’s recipes, please check it out here. One of the great aspects of the cook book (apart from the delicious recipes!) is that a percentage of the book’s profits will be donated to the Clover Mama Afrika project.
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!