No one’s debating the delightfulness of an ice cream cone, but it’s time to open your mind to new ways of enjoying frozen snacks. With summer in full swing, I’ve been doing a lot of experimenting and research on different cold treats, and here are a couple of my (and the kids’) favourites:
- Frozen grapes are delightful! Not only do they taste great, but they’re healthy too – and the fact that you eat them much slower, means you consumer less of this sugary fruit in one sitting.
- DIY frozen yogurt. Yes, you can buy it at the shop, but freezing your own yogurt gives you the opportunity to add your own extras – like blueberries, chocolate chips and raisins.
- Cut bananas in half, and mount them on popsicle sticks! Dip them in yogurt and toppings like chopped nuts and chocolate chips, and freeze – yum!
- Alternatively, chop the banana into bite-sized bites, coat with peanut butter and freeze in mini cupcake cups.
- Thread fresh cherries or blueberries onto a skewer stick, dip in plain yogurt and freeze.
- Use coconut water and fresh berries to make interesting popsicles.
- When you’re expecting mommy friends, freeze sangria into popsicle moulds for a naughty treat!
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!