These heart-shaped-chocolate-dipped-munch-and-crunch rice krispie treats are not only yummy, but perfect for DIY which is easy to make and fun for all involved in the making and tasting! They make for great party treats for baby showers or little girl parties!
You will need:
- ¼ cup of butter or margarine
- 250g pack of marshmallows or 5 cups of mini marshmallows
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies (puffed rice) cereal
- 200g white chocolate
- Pink food colouring
- 100g additional white chocolate
- Sprinkles (optional)
To get started:
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and place back on the stove or in the microwave, stirring constantly until they’re completely melted.
- Add the vanilla essence and stir well.
- Next pour in the Rice Krispies and mix it up with a rubber spatula until all the cereal is coated in sticky marshmallow.
- From here you have two options:
- Spoon the mixture directly into a heart shaped cookie cutter, transfer onto a cookie sheet and release the heart shape from the cutter. Leave to set.
- Spoon the mixture into a well-greased baking tray and spread it out to about 2 cm thick. Use the cookie cutter to cut heart shapes out of the mixture and release on a cookie sheet. Leave to set.
- After about an hour, it’s time to decorate. Melt the 200g of white chocolate in a double boiler. Stir in a couple of drops of pink food colouring.
- Dip one half of the heart into the pink chocolate and allow extra chocolate to drip off before placing on a baking tray lined with wax paper.
- Repeat step 7 until all hearts have been dipped. Allow them to dry for about an hour.
- Next, melt the 100g white chocolate in a clean double boiler.
- Drizzle the white over the pink chocolate as desired and leave to set. Voila!
Adapted from www.intimateweddings.com. Steps by step photos available here
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!