I have to admit that I don’t think I’ve met ANYONE who doesn’t love pancakes. This recipe puts a slight twist on the traditional pancake by being GLUTEN FREE and including famous sherry – Sedgwick’s Original Old Brown! You may wondering how on earth could Sedgwick’s Original Old Brown could possibly work with a pancake?! Well, in this recipe, we share exactly how to make these mouth-watering pancakes!
This recipe makes 4 – 6 crumpets.
Gluten Free Crumpets
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon salt
- Butter for frying
- ½ cup Sedgwick’s Original Old Brown
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs for about two minutes or until frothy. Mix in the milk, vanilla and honey.
- Combine the coconut flour, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl and whisk together.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until the coconut flour forms a smooth batter.
- Lightly grease a pan with butter. Ladle a few tablespoons of the batter onto the pan to form each crumpet. Spread them out slightly using the back of a spoon. The crumpets should be fairly thick.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side over medium heat, flip each crumpet over until each side is slightly brown.
- Heat the Sedgwick’s Old Brown and honey in a saucepan over low heat, stir until warm.
- Add the raisins and the sultanas to the sauce, remove from the heat and keep it covered.
- Let the sauce cool down for 20 minutes and stir in the almonds.
- Serve the sauce over the coconut crumpets and enjoy!