Running a household is like running a very chaotic office where mom is boss, personal assistant, tea lady and everything in between. Having a bulletin board is therefore essential for running a smooth ship and keeping track of all the hands on deck – here are a couple of nifty DIY pin board ideas to keep family life relatively organised:
- Replace the back of a large old photo frame with cork board and paint the entire piece in a colour of your choice.
- Cover the pin board with a fabric or wallpaper to match the colour scheme of your office or kitchen.
- Why only settle for one big bulletin board? Make a number of small framed boards of various shapes and sizes, and arrange them on the wall to create a focal piece that’s both stunning and practical.
- Instead of a classic pin board, spin long pieces of string along the length of the wall onto which you can clip memo notes and pictures.
- Attach an old shutter to the wall and slide your notes into the slots or replace the glass in an old window pane or French door with cork board.
- Cover one wall in the kitchen or study with black board paint or a thin sheet of magnetic metal.
- Clip your to-do lists onto the spokes of a recycled bicycle wheel or an old repainted trellis door.
- Attach seven clip boards to the wall, marked with the days of the week, and clip your daily to-do lists to the individual boards. Alternatively assign each family member their own wall clipboard and keep their individual schedules clipped onto each.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!