If you have some old tins lying around or even a few spare glass bottles from baby food, here’s an idea on how to put them to good use! It’s a fun activity and what’s even better, it’s all about reusing or repurposing items in the home which always gets a big thumbs up from me! And, the end result could be used as a gift for a family member or friend.
What you need:
- Old candles or candle wax
- Small metal bowl, empty tin can
- Empty tin or glass baby food jar
- Candle wick
- Hot glue gun
- Needle or safety pin
- Essential oil, grated citrus rind, vanilla, or cinnamon
- Paper towel
- Crayons (optional)
What to do:
- Melt your candle wax or old candles in a double boiler.
- Place the safety pin or needle through your candle wick, and carefully balance it on the edge of the tin or bottle so that the wick hangs neatly in the middle – allow the wax to melt.
- Once wax has melted, stir your chosen scented oil or add a few crayon shavings to change the wax’s colour.
- Gently pour the wax into the tin, being careful not to move the wick.
- Allow the candle to dry thoroughly – leave overnight to ensure it’s dried completely.
- Decorate the can, tin or bottle with rhinestones, ribbons, paint and anything you fancy that will make it extra pretty!
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!