Every now and again you’ll pour yourself that much deserved glass of wine… but something feels missing, right? Instead of just a chunk of cheese, try this delightfully rich yet light accompaniment – camembert wrapped in puffed pastry and baked to a flaky golden crunch with the cheese oozing from inside.
You will need:
- 1 wheel of camembert
- A roll of frozen pre-made puff pastry
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 egg
Now to get started:
- Thaw the puff pastry for an hour or so and preheat the oven to 200-degrees Celsius.
- Unroll a section of the pastry until you are able to cut off a square.
- Place the pastry on a floured surface and roll it out a little bit – not too thin though, and make sure you don’t have any holes.
- Gently lay the cheese wheel in the centre of the pastry square and pour the chilli sauce on top.
- Fold in the corners of the pastry and wrap the cheese up nice and tight, pressing the edges of the pastry down tightly so that there are no holes in the parcel.
- Beat the egg and lightly brush it over the pastry.
- Place in the oven and back for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
Serve immediately with a selection of crackers and, of course, wine!
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!