No, this isn’t a treat for man’s best friend, but rather a healthy anytime snack for the whole family. What I honestly love about this easy treat is that it contains a world of vitamins and minerals, as well as probiotics and other essential nutrients – PLUS the kids will love getting involved in “the making of”!
You will need:
- 500ml plain yoghurt
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Wax- or baking paper
Now to get started:
- Line a baking tray or dish with your baking paper.
- Next, pour your yoghurt and honey in a mixing bowl and whisk it together.
- Pour your honey-yogurt mixture into the prepared baking tray or dish, and spread it out with a spatula until about 1cm thick.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the berries together with your hands – gently so as not to squash them.
- Now for the fun part! Grab a handful of berries and sprinkle it over the yoghurt mixture. Then, gently press down on the berries so that they’re halfway submerged.
- Place the tray in the freezer for at least 2 hours or until completely frozen.
- Finally, break the slab of yoghurt into smaller pieces using your hands or a knife – and enjoy!
Note: You can also use other fruits like peaches, grapes and pineapple, as well as cereals and chocolate chips.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!