Winter is here, which means pancake season is in full swing! Keep it interesting with these fun and quirky kid-friendly twists on the traditional pancake-with-cinnamon that you used to eat as a child:
- Add a dash of food colouring to the batter to make colourful pancakes or dot the colouring directly into the batter in the pan to decorate each individual pancake.
- Spread the pancake with chocolate spread and roll up a banana in the pancake before slicing into wheels.
- Make pancake muffins! Simply add an extra teaspoon of baking powder to your usual pancake recipe and pour the batter into muffin tin instead. Bake at 180°C for 15 to 18 min or until risen and golden brown.
- Make a pancake cake by stacking the pancakes on top of one another and spreading peanut butter or cream in between the layers. Slice and serve in wedges like you would a normal cake.
- For a sweet-savoury treat, dip crunchy strips of bacon in pancake batter and cook in the pan until golden. Serve with syrup or honey.
- Make pancake-pops by laying down a lollipop stick in the pancake blob as soon as it hits the pan.
- Make quirky “pattern” pancakes by drizzling the batter into the pan instead of swirling it, and then letting it set in that shape.
- Place non-stick cookie cutters in the pan and drop the batter in there to make happy shapes.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!