I’m not saying pizza is the healthiest dinnertime option, but we all have those days when life simply gets out of hand or when a pizza treat is just way overdue. At least these nifty pizza box ideas will ease the guilt of this quickie dinner, ever so slightly:
- Cut out the top and bottom cardboard squares of the box and paint numbers on it to make an indoor hopscotch set for the kiddies to play with in wintertime.
- Pizza boxes are the ideal “stations” for playing battle ships, so draw your maps on the base and use the lid as cover.
- Make a DIY easel for kiddies painting sessions. Simply prop up the lid of the pizza box with an extra piece of cardboard.
- Stack pizza boxes on top of one another and cut off the slim front panels to make a mini paper organiser of sorts.
- Once completely unfolded, pizza boxes cover quite a bit of floor space – perfect for keeping little ones’ mess contained when playing with clay or finger paint.
- Turn the box into a giant tic-tac-toe board. Divide the base into 9 squares, using masking tape, and paint the bottom of the lid with blackboard paint to use as scoreboard. Then, simply cut your naughts and crosses out of colourful cardboard!
- Make a solar smores station! Simply line the inside of the box with tin foil, place the biscuits with marshmallows on top, and angle it at the sun – perfect for camping trips.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!