Just as the name describes, the Spindel spins like crazy and can have your washing almost totally dry within 3 minutes! Hard to believe, right? Well, it’s pretty darn true! 🙂
I was able to get one of these amazing products and I have say I was pretty pleased with the product. My husband, though, was even more impressed and every visitor who entered our house had to meet “The Spindel” before being offered a drink or a seat!
So, what is it you ask?
According to their website, the Spindel is as follows:
Spindel is a specialist laundry spin dryer that uses centrifugal force instead of heat to quickly remove excess moisture from laundry. It also extracts residual detergent and mineral deposits from the fabric, so laundry dries cleaner and feels better too! Spindel can be used with machine or hand-washed laundry and is safe for all fabrics.
The main purposes of the Spindel is to:
- Ensure fast drying with air drying
- Save on Electricity (great on the environment and great on the wallet!)
- Protect your fabrics from being in the sun or from being damaged by a tumble dryer.
As I mentioned above, the Spindel is great. With 2 small boys, my washing can get out of hand. I’ve had a lot of rain in my area this last year, so having the Spindel has definitely helped a LOT as I can get my clothes drier MUCH quicker!
Here is a summary of my review and a few factors worth considering if thinking about buying one:
- Compact – this product isn’t like a tumble drier where you have to MAKE space for it in the kitchen. Mine sits happily in the corner of my kitchen on my counter top. It could very easily sit on the floor or be hidden in a cupboard when not in use. It’s not in the way at all and I was very pleased to that I didn’t have to knock out one of my cupboards to make space for it.
- Eco-friendly – I’m a eco-friendly kinda girl. This is an important factor for me and it has helped electricity. I look forward to seeing the BEEEG differences in next year’s winter.
- Cost – I think it’s a fair cost for what it is. If you compare the costs of a tumble dryer, this is definitely worth every penny.
- Kid Clothes Saver – this machine has helped SOOO much with the kids clothes. With an almost 4 year old and an almost 1 year old that produce mountains of washing. Because their clothes are smaller than my husband and my clothes (we’re both 6ft tall and not small people, so our clothes are pretty big) – the Spindel is perfect for their clothes especially. It works perfectly well with towels and grown-ups clothes – my point here is that it’s a great investment for Moms.
- “Healthier” clothing: the Spindel removes the residual detergents, dyes and softeners that usually dry into your fabrics when the water evaporates making it better on your kid’s skins in the long term.
- Training – a bit of training will be required for your domestic helpers. My particular lady wasn’t too impressed and it did take a bit of effort to get her to use it.
- No timer – this was an issue for me. I get distracted and forget things very easily and my husband is worse than me. There’s no timer on this particular product at the moment. This is NOT a huge flaw, but if you plan on using it, makes sure to stay close or put a timer on in the house so you don’t forget.
- Practice makes perfect – one does need to practice with getting the clothes in the Spindel correctly. But, it’s not difficult once you know how and you get used to it.
Where to Buy
Until the 31st October, TakeaLot.com is offering a R100 discount on the Spindel for R1499 (normal price: R1599). You can buy it online here for the discounted rate: http://bit.ly/Tc2lAE
Other stockists can be found on the Spindel website.
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!