Until very recently frames have been used for displaying pictures, and pictures alone. However these days picture frames are more of a focal piece than ever before and with a dash of creativity this simple element can turn a whole room upside down. In a good way, of course.
- Create a beautiful focus wall by grouping frames of the same shape and size together to create an organised yet striking ensemble.
- For a wall with a little more whimsy and character to it, use a variety of odd bot, mix-and-match, this-and-that frames.
- Jazz up old frames by giving them a fresh coat of paint – be adventurous with the colour choice. Even those old certificates on the study wall can do with a colourful frame.
- Replace the back of the picture frame with a mirror and mount it on the wall to add extra dimension to your living room or passage.
- Fill a large frame with photos or a piece of pretty wallpaper and lay it flat on the surface of your coffee table.
- Replace the glass of the frame with a sheet of wood and use it as a beautiful serving tray.
- Make your own stylish memo board by replacing the glass and back with a chalk board.
- Frame exceptional and eye-catching pieces of wallpaper and hang it on the wall. Three door-height frames on a wall can be incredibly striking and is perfect if you don’t want to stick wallpaper straight onto the wall.
- Rummage around second hand stores for retro or vintage posters – they make excellent focus pieces.
- Nothing! Let the frames themselves be the centre of attention for a change.
- Frame the wall, i.e. remove the back panels of the frames and hang them on the wall as is.
- Display your unique collections, such as old stamps, records, matchboxes and even baseball cards – they’re sure to be quite the conversation piece.
- Frame your favourite quotes or passages and hang it on the wall as a little mental encouragement.
- Slide a textured paper of your choice into an A4 frame and use it as a place mat – too lovely.
For more Frame ideas for your home plus the original photos above and their credits, please make sure to check out the Fantastic Frames Pinterest Board.
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!