Savoury muffins are the perfect options for when you need an afternoon snack or you aren’t that hungry to eat a big lunch. These Corn, Cheese and Bacon Muffins are perfect for a mid-morning or late afternoon snack or even to put into lunchboxes for your kids. This recipe makes 12 muffins!
- ½ c (85 g) polenta
- ⅓ c (80 ml) Clover milk
- 1½ c (210 g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 t (5 ml) castor sugar
- 1 x 415 g can creamed sweetcorn
- 125 g streaky bacon, cooked and diced
- ½ small onion, cooked and diced
- ¾ c (75 g) Clover cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ c (65 g) chunky cottage cheese
- 2 t (10 ml) chives, finely chopped
- salt and milled black pepper
- ½ c (115 g) Clover Springbok butter, melted
- ¼ c (60 ml) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C and grease a muffin pan. Place the polenta into a small bowl and cover with the
- milk. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes. Place the self-raising flour and castor sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the polenta mixture, sweetcorn, bacon, onion, grated cheese, cottage cheese, chives, salt and pepper.
- Whisk the butter, buttermilk and eggs together and pour over the bacon mixture. Without overstirring, carefully fold the mixture together until just combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Eat and enjoy!
This recipe was brought to you by Clover SA’s Best Bakes! Please support this recipe book that for each sale, 15% goes to Clover Mama Afrika, so you get to receive yummy recipes AND support a great cause!