I grew up in Pretoria and are Afrikaans speaking. I studied at the university of Pretoria and have completed a BCom Business Management Degree, Honors Financial Management and also a MBA in the year 2000, at the age of 26.
I completed my accounting articles at my father’s auditing firm and worked there for 6 years. Since then, I have been working as a financial manager for almost 20 years at various companies. I have been working for myself since 2009. I have a few clients for whom I render financial services. This includes drafting financial statements, doing taxation, payroll services and other accounting related functions.
I got married at the age of 33 ,and was very blessed to have given birth to a healthy boy at the age of 39. His name is Robert Christiaan Hamman.
I love being a Mom, but being a new mom is scary as you don’t always know what to expect and what is needed to give your child the best in life. I never miss a baby expo in JHB as there are so many things to learn and products to choose from and good advice.
How Safe2Go came about?
At the age of 2, Robert opened the baby car seat buckle while I was driving. Stopping and fastening him again was not an option as he would escape 5 minutes later. It wasn’t safe for me or for him.
Yelling, screaming and “piets” my Afrikaans word for a hiding did not give the results I had hoped for. He still opened it and climbed out. It’s at this point that a search for a solution started!
There was nothing available anywhere. I searched on the internet, looked in Toy and baby shops. Nothing. I had to find a way of securing my child!
It’s at this point that Safe2go was invented!
I launched the product on 15 May 2014 at the Mamma Magic show and haven’t looked back! My aim as a mom and business woman is to give a solution to other mommies while traveling. Peace of mind and safe travel.
Quick Facts about Safe2Go
- The Y has a unique shape and therefore covers the buckle.
- The H shaped Harness secures toddlers from taking their arms out of the shoulder straps.
- Both the Y & H carry design patents.
- It is locally manufactured in Gauteng.
- There is a new product out called the I shaped seatbelt softner for a booster seat as well as for an adult seatbelt, it makes the seatbelt softer and prevents it from scratching one in the neck area.
Please look after your precious ones by securing them properly in the car seat.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/safe2gosa
- Website: www.safe2go.co.za
- Email: safe2gobaby (at) gmail.com
- Contact No: +27 (0)82 809 7510
4 sets of Safe2Go sets are up for grabs. To win 1 of the 4, simply follow the easy instructions below to get your entries in.