Aside from knitting up jerseys and blankets and other warm little wonders, wool or yarn can be used in a number of creative ways and result in hours of kiddies’ craft fun:
- Make a variety of pompoms of all shapes and sizes, to hang around the kids’ room and also decorate with googley eyes to turn them into mini wool monsters.
- Alternatively attach long stems to the pompoms to make a pompom bouquet or thread the pompoms onto a long length of string for colourful “bunting”.
- Wrap lengths of wool around a selection of old bracelets for a colouful revamp project.
- Sculpt a heart of circle out of thick wire and weave wool around and over it to make colourful dream catchers.
- Make your own pencil holders by simply wrapping wool around an old recycled glass jar or metal can.
- For DIY coasters, braid three pieces of wool together and then wrap it into a tight spiral, using glue to keep it all together.
- Have the kiddies create their very own woolen works of art, by sticking different coloured yarns along the outlines of a line drawing.
- Hang long woolly braids from the door frame of the kids’ room so that they can have their privacy without having to shut the door.
- Make beautifully colourful wool letters to decorate room and bedroom door, by simply wrapping the wool around wooden laser cut letters.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!