Valentine’s Day is almost upon us! While it’s a day of love and happiness, it’s also a Thursday and the kids need to get to school, lunch needs to be sorted, Jimmy forgot his cricket slacks at home, you have a deadline at noon and the dog needs a bath – just a typical day in the life of a working mother. So here are a few simple ways to show hubby some hubby some much-deserved loving without losing too much time or sleep.
- Whip up a Valentine’s breakfast with heart-shaped toast, eggs and strawberries. Easy peasy!
- Draw a heart in the steam on the up mirror while hubby’s in the shower.
- Slip a note into his pocket or briefcase telling him just how much he means to you.
- Tie a handful of red helium balloons to the bedpost.
- If you’re in charge of his lunchbox, fill it with red and pink treats, and heart-shaped samies.
- Prepare a steamy bubble bath with candles, rose petals – the works!
- Sprinkle rose petals on the bed before he wakes up for work.
- Write down all the things you love about him on individual post-its and stick it in places where only he will find them.
- Forget about gifts! SMS him all throughout the day, giving him hints of what to expect when he gets home later. You might want to arrange with Granny to take the kids for the evening.
- Be a little daring this V-day and move the boundaries of your comfort zone ever so slightly – for instance, if you’ve never tried it before, buy a bottle of lubrication or body chocolate. You might just surprise yourself…
Lastly, if you’d like to get a little naughty, make a list of kinky acts that you’re willing to perform with him on Valentines Eve, and put a price on each. Then, place the list in an envelope along with Monopoly money and slip it into his briefcase… the mere anticipation will keep him on edge all day long.
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!