Push-pops just take you way back, don’t they? And now they’re back in a way that you’ve never seen them before! Push-pops or push-up pops are all the rage overseas at the moment and really, when you look at them – what’s not to love?
These little plastic push-up cylinder sticks might look like something you’d use to jump-start a space ship or grow Plutonian herbs in, but they’re really rather practical and look simply stunning when filled with dessert. From trifle and mousse to cake and icing – the sugary sweet possibilities are simply endless, and it goes without saying that they make a fabulous holiday kiddies kitchen project.
Basically you just fill them with, well, whatever you want to fill them with and serve! It’s then as simple as popping the little treat up from out of its container and tucking in to your heart’s content. If the dessert you’re serving is somewhat messy, be sure to ask the pop-provider if they sell matching plastic spoons.
Then again, push-pops are just as perfect for adults (and they might also be more appreciated for their cuteness by your more mature friends – after all, we all know little Jack really just cares about the icing). With a little imagination and a dash of creativity you can create the most eye-catching little cakes that are sure to be quite the conversation piece at your next summer dinner party – move aside, mini cupcakes!
Here are a couple of quick ideas to get your mind buzzing with sugary sweet creativity:
- Make rainbow jellies with the kids by filling the pop with one layer of jelly at a time and placing it in the fridge to set before adding the next.
- Layer different colours of cake and icing to make, well, rainbow cake!
- Fill the pop with tart filling to create cake-pop tartlets such as lemon meringue pie, peppermint crisp tart and apple pie.
- At your little one’s next birthday party, mount the pops on a wooden or foamalite stand to serve as birthday cake.
- Push-pops can also be used to create mini frozen cocktails! Summer has never looked brighter, has it?
Where to get these fabulous Push-pops?
Visit Push Up Treats & Cakes for more information and to get your pops popping!
Images courtesy of South Africa Wedding Blog
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!