Getting kids to eat vegetables is a never-ending battle that generation after generation of moms face. Nowadays, with the help of a blender and flavourful ingredients, there are many clever ways to sneak vegetables into a kiddies’ diet – without them even noticing!
- Try to include some vegetables in their breakfast – for instance, a yummy cheese omelet with bits of mushroom, minced broccoli, tomato and pepper sneaked in there.
- When making a cream sauce, blend some cauliflower into the sauce – not only is it healthy, but it’s really creamy!
- Mix some pumpkin or butternut squash into pancake batter before pouring it into the pan.
- Grate some carrot or pumpkin into meat dishes like meatballs, burger patties and bobotie.
- Make fruit smoothies, adding a handful of veggies to the mix. Sweet vegetables like pumpkin and carrot will be untraceable!
- Bake carrot and zucchini into muffins!
- Try a couple of avocado based desserts like chocolate cake and mousse.
- Sneak some veggie bits into a pasta dish like macaroni and cheese or spaghetti bolognaise.
- Add sweet potato or butternut to mashed potato for a health kick.
- Make grilled cheese sandwiches with slices of veggies in between, or blend cheese and butternut together and spoon that onto the bread before grilling.
- Burgers are an excellent way to sneak some veggies into their diet, so pile on the cucumber, tomato and mushrooms.
Image Credit: www.myfooddiary.com
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!