When pink is no longer enough, most little girls tend to move on to their rainbow phase. Rainbow cakes have taken the world by storm, but why not add a little rainbow sparkle to every day with any of these delicious rainbow lunchbox treats – bound to make your little princess the envy of her colour-loving friends:
- Use a variety of fruits like strawberries and grapes to make deliciously healthy rainbow skewers or fruit pots.
- Layer 4 slices of bread with different coloured spreads like mayo, pesto, cucumber and tomato slices, or different colours and flavours of jam.
- Ingredients like pineapple, tomato and spinach are the ideal toppings for rainbow pizza slices.
- Rainbow jar cakes are not only delicious and appealing, but also ideal for the lunchbox as its mess and fuss-free!
- Make rainbow roll-ups! Simply add food colouring to a teaspoon of cream cheese, and spread each pancake with a different colour before slicing into wheels.
- When making rice crispy treats, divide the mix into bows and add a dash of food colouring to each before layering it up.
- In the same way, divide up flapjack batter to make different coloured mini pancakes that you can layer up on a skewer stick.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!