Your little ones have seen you eat it and let’s be honest – it looks like fun! While they keep insisting on trying a piece of sushi every time you indulge, the reaction is always the same – yuck! So instead of wasting deliciously precious sushi, why not make some kiddie-friendly sushi so mom and little one can munch together in bliss:
- Use white bread, spread it with their favourite cheese or meaty spread and roll it up.
- Slice up cucumber, avocado and carrot, and roll it in tortilla with mayo and ham.
- Whip up a tuna-mayo or chicken-mayo mixture and wrap it up in a cucumber sliver.
- Make a fruity sushi with fruits of your choice and using store-bought fruit rolls as to wrap it all up.
- For a sweet candy treat, make rice crispy sushi – liquorice rods and other gummy sweets wrapped in marshmallow-and-rice-crispy mix.
- Cake sushi is just as easy to make – simply slice sponge cake into thin layers and roll it up with frosting or caramel.
- Roll a banana in peanut butter and rice crispies or sprinkles, and slice it into thick wheels.
- Spread chocolate spread or peanut butter on a tortilla and fill it with candy or a banana before rolling up and slicing into wheels.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!