He’s sweet, sassy & stylish while being made of 100% fruit, that special creature is the Fruit Cockatiel Foodimal!
- 1 mango or pear
- 1 banana (peel only)
- 2 pineapple rings (canned)
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1 orange
- 1 purple grape
- Slice a small portion off the bottom of the mango so it will stand upright.
- Attach two small orange wedges to the bottom of the mango using toothpicks.
- Next, slicing lengthwise, cut a one banana peel into 4 half slices.
- Attach one slice to each side of the mango for the wings & two to the top for the hair.
- You can use an additional toothpick on the top to help those ‘feathers’ stand up & give that signature cockatiel look.
- Take two canned pineapple rings & trim down the edges so they’ll both fit on the bird’s ‘face’ side by side. Attach with toothpicks.
- Attach a maraschino cherry to the center of each ring using toothpicks.
- Finally cut a small wedge out of a firm purple grape & use the remainder of the grape as the bird beak, attach with a toothpick.
This recipe makes one Fruit Cockatiel
Credit: This recipe was brought to you by Cloudy Movie
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!