With winter practically ramming its head through the door at the moment, there’s one thing you can’t be without: A rich and trusty home made hot chocolate recipe that’s just so moreish, your family cannot get enough.
Italian hot chocolate is very different and much more decadent than your everyday hot chocolate. Using real melted chocolate, it’s incredibly dense and creamy, and should therefore be served in small doses. In fact, this 500ml recipe is enough for at least 2 to 3 cups!
You will need:
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 170g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 2 cups full cream milk
Now to whip up a batch:
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces.
- Place a small saucepan on the stove and bring it up to a low heat.
- Add the cocoa powder and sugar or honey to the pot along with 2 tablespoons of the milk. Stir until it’s all mixed up.
- Keep stirring until the sugar melts and no lumps remain.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Once heated through and bubbling gently, add the remaining milk and turn off the heat.
- Add the chopped chocolate, stirring until it’s melted and the mixture is smooth.
Pour into small serving cups, top with a dollop of whipped cream (optional), serve with biscotti, and enjoy!
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!