Another title for this post could’ve been “nothing like Nutella” because really: There are few things in this world that even come close to the indulgent bliss that is Nutella. I wouldn’t dream of knocking the good old Nutella on toast, but the fact is there’s a lot more potential inside this jar of gooey chocolate – here are some ideas:
- With fruit: Hollow out bite-sized fruits like raspberries or strawberries and fill with Nutella, or dip banana slices and grapes in the chocolaty goodness.
- With puff pastry: Make mini “croissants” by spreading puff pastry triangles with Nutella. Roll up and bake until golden brown and flaky.
- With cookies: Sandwich two biscuits together with Nutella for scrumptious teatime treats!
- In cheesecake: Turn your favourite cheesecake recipe into a Nutella delight by stirring in a spoonful of Nutella before baking.
- With rice krispies: Stir melted marshmallow and Nutella into a bowl full of rice krispies and press into a cake pan. Leave to cool and cut!
- In truffles: Mis 2 ½ cups oats with 1 ½ cups Nutella, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/3 cup cocoa. Shape into balls and refrigerate.
- On pancakes: Make moreish stuffed pancakes with Nutella, nuts, mini marshmallows and sliced fruit. Also delicious with French toast.
- With ice cream: Drizzled over sundaes or mixed into milkshakes, you can’t go wrong!
- As topping: For anything from cake and brownies to cupcakes, fudge bars, shortbread and donuts. You can also blend Nutella into butter frosting to give it a chocolaty kick.
More ideas above in the image!
Original images and credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!