There’s been a lot of talk about quinoa lately, and once you know how to pronounce it, there’s really no reason you shouldn’t ask for it at the local grocery store. Because it’s unrelated to wheat, quinoa is the perfect substitute for pasta and oatmeal, and can be ground, boiled, baked, fried and steamed to suit your taste.
This magnificently versatile natural product is gluten free which makes it the ideal addition to your diet, regardless of your dietary preferences and requirements. Here are 15 reasons why you should be munching quinoa as often as you can:
- Exceptionally high in protein, containing almost the same amount as milk!
- Known as a “complete protein” as it contains all 9 amino acids which the body can’t produce.
- Contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grain products.
- Contains high amounts of iron and magnesium which lowers blood pressure.
- Packed with vitamin B2 which helps combat migraines.
- Boosts the energy levels in a natural way.
- Contains manganese which helps maintain efficient heart and blood vessel function.
- Known for its anti-bacterial properties – helps prevent diseases and conditions such as insulin resistance.
- As a complex carbohydrate it helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Low in fat, and the little bit that it contains is Omega-3!
- High in dietary fibre which promotes healthy digestion.
- Helps reduce bad cholesterol to prevent heart disease and strokes.
- Promotes stamina and strengthens bones and muscles.
- Helps speed up muscle recovery and acts as anti-inflammatory.
- Rich in calcium, providing almost twice the amount as whole wheat.
Original images and credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!