I’m a HUGE fan of pesto – it’s one of those sauces I could almost always say “YES” to! And, well, pasta – who doesn’t enjoy pasta, right? So put the 2 ingredients together and you’re pretty much in line for a divine meal!
The Creamy Walnut Pesto Pasta is the perfect family meal for all to enjoy. Given it has only a few ingredients and the process is straightforward, it’s a perfect meal option for when having unexpected guests or you need to whip up a meal for the family quickly.
The recipe is suitable for normal spaghetti, but if you’re following a stricter diet such as Banting, the spaghetti can be easily replaced with courgette spaghetti which you can make yoruself with a spiralizer or julienne slicer or purchase from some supermarkets and / or health shops.
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 50g butter
- 175g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- Handful fresh basil, leaves roughly torn plus extra to serve (optional)
- 100g Parmesan, freshly grated plus extra to serve (optional)
- 50ml double thick cream
- Spaghetti or courgette “spaghetti” (recently available from the vegetable counters at many supermarkets)
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the spaghetti/courgette spaghetti according to the instructions on the packaging.
- To prepare the pesto, place walnuts and garlic in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped.
- Add the basil, Parmesan, butter and oil and pulse a few more times.
- Pour the cream into a pan and warm through.
- Add two-thirds of the pesto and gently heat.
- Drain the pasta when ready.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp of the cooking water, then mix both with the sauce.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the extra Parmesan and basil, if using.
- Serve with a green salad.
- Pour everyone a glass of lightly chilled Place in the Sun Unwooded Chardonnay.
- The leftover pesto will keep in the fridge for up to a week, or frozen for up to a month.
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!