Mason jars are probably some of the handiest and most useful “must-haves” of the season, and you really don’t have to be a rocket scientist to find a use for them. One particular use that I’ve really come to love, is using mason jars as gifts for teachers – especially since we’re getting to that time of year now!
There are endless options and ideas, but these are a few of my favourites:
- Create a teacher’s stationery kit-in-a-jar, complete with highlighters, mini post-its and pencils.
- Put your baking skills to the test, and fill the jar with an assortment of homemade biscuits.
- Alternatively, place all the dry ingredients of your favourite biscuit recipe in a mason jar, and attach the recipe for a DIY gift.
- Fill the jar a variety of bath and beauty products, for a “Spa in a Jar” gift idea.
- If you’ve got green fingers, make a little terrarium by planting a small succulent inside.
- Create a little pick-me-up jar for the days when the kids can get a bit much – think small candies and bites of deliciousness.
- Make a back-to-school survival kit, complete with wet wipes, lip ice, band aids, emergency pencil, post-its and more.
- Ask the kids to cut interesting shapes out of a piece of paper, and slot the page into the jar for an instant votive candle holder.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!