Whether we’re talking traditional knotty pretzels or the long pretzel sticks, the fact remains that crunchy pretzels are incredibly more-ish! And once you and the kids get into the many creative ways to use them, they’ll definitely become even more of a household staple.
Here are some ideas on how you can play around with your pretzels that your kids will just love:
- Make healthy “butterflies” with pretzel knots as the wings and either banana, asparagus or any other healthy treat as the body.
- Next time you’re making finger snacks, use pretzel sticks instead of toothpicks for the cold meat and cheese roll-ups.
- Put a sweet twist on plain pretzels by dipping them in melted chocolate followed by colourful sprinkles.
- Make smore pretzels! Simply top the knots with mini marshmallows and chocolate, pop in the microwave and munch away!
- Crushed pretzels actually make a delicious alternative to bread crumbs, especially when making something like crispy chicken.
- Alternatively use crushed pretzels as a crust for savoury tarts.
- For the next kiddies’ party, use pretzel sticks, thin liquorice strands and sour worms to make edible fishing rods!
- Let the kids play pick up sticks with pretzel sticks – whatever you eat up you get to eat.
- Serve pretzels with healthy vegetable based dips like hummus and tzatziki for a more nutritious afternoon snack.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!