Sleepovers are nothing new – last week the neighbour’s kiddo had one, this week it’s the best friend’s turn, and so it goes. Now the real question is: How do you go about making your child’s pajama party the talk of the schoolyard?
Let’s take a look at a couple of ideas for turning an everyday, or rather every-night sleepover, into something of an elaborate kiddie fest:
- Decorate the room in with glittering stars, owl cut outs and shiny streamers, as well as glow-in-the-dark stickers as an extra surprise when they switch off the light.
- Movies are a must and help to kill a bit of time if they’re planning on pulling an all-nighter, so be sure to have a wide selection for them to choose from.
- Create a popcorn buffet where they can pick and choose colours, flavours and toppings, like a selection of sweets that can be mixed into the popcorn… And don’t forget the milk and cookies before bedtime!
- If the budget is big enough, buy cute little blankets or pillows, that’s in tune with the theme colours, for each child to take home as a party favour.
- If it’s a girly party, build up a collection of make-up and nail polishes for a girly beautifying session and make a variety of ribbon brooches with which they can decorate pajamas and slippers.
- Boys on the other hand will love a midnight treasure hunt or a bonfire outside in the yard and, if they’re old enough, consider pitching a tent in the backyard for them to sleep in.
- Turn the pajama party into a midnight dance fest! All you need is a small decorated dance floor and a good selection of current music on the laptop to keep them going.
Original images and credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!