Mesquite is one of the latest and most sought after supplements on the market, and is a definite must-add to any health conscious mother’s pantry. Made from the crushed pods of the Mesquite plant, the fine powder is easy to consume and boasts a range of uncontested benefits.
Unlike many of the other Superfoods, Mesquite tastes absolutely delicious and can therefore be added to anything from baking to smoothies and cereals for a rich flavour boost. Let’s look at a couple of other the rewards you can expect to reap when consuming this munch-a-licious supplement:
- Stabilises blood sugar, keeping both the appetite and energy levels well balanced.
- Boosts concentration, focus, alertness, clarity and mental drive.
- Helps satisfy hunger by providing a good and solid dose of fibre.
- Packed with protein that is easily digestible and which helps promote cell regeneration.
- Contains a range of powerful vitamins and minerals to help build cells and tissue.
- Helps boost the immune system as it contains a high level of zinc.
- Prevent colds, flu and other viral diseases, especially ideal during the winter season.
- Cleanses the digestive system, thanks to the high fibre content.
- Reduces the risk of inflammation and acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Naturally sweet, which makes it an excellent low calorie sugar substitute.
- Helps prevent and combat headaches and migraines, and also boasts unique calming properties.
- Suitable for diabetics as its low in sugar and fat.
- Contains significant quantities of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc.
- Low in carbohydrates and rich in the amino acid lysine.
Image Credit: www.therawhealthcoach.com
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!