Also known as “gold of the Incas”, lucuma is a fruit that’s been in existence for centuries and its benefits can be traced all throughout history. This superfruit originated in the exotic forests of Peru and is renowned for its extensive use in the culinary industry as well as ancient medicine.
These days lucuma is available from most health stores, in a powder form, and its delightfully sweet scent almost reminds one of maple syrup. The uses for this superb product is virtually endless as it can be used to flavour and naturally sweeten anything from ice cream, yogurt and smoothies to pies, cakes, cookies and other desserts.
- Excellent taste and flavour aside, here are just some of the many benefits you can expect when indulging in this superfood:
- Low in calories and provides sweetness without spiking blood sugar levels – ideally suited to diabetics and people with other unique dietary requirements.
- Packed full of beta-carotene to help boost the immune system.
- High in essential vitamins and minerals and very low in heavy metals.
- Rich in valuable antioxidants to help cleanse the system and increase overall vitality.
- Contains high levels of iron which reduce the signs and symptoms of fatigue.
- Packed with calcium and phosphorus for stronger and more resilient bones and teeth.
- Excellent source of fibre for improved digestion and suppressed hunger pangs.
- Reduces and prevents the signs of ageing and skin deterioration.
- Boasts remarkable anti-inflammatory for faster healing and tissue regeneration.
- Helps reduce menstrual cramps and balances the hormone levels.
Image Credit: www.glutenfreecat.com
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!