These days, tea tree oil is an key active ingredient in many ointments and solutions – not surprising, when you consider this extensive list of benefits and uses!
- Helps soothe harsh sunburns and reduce the pain thereof.
- Clears up skin infections and conditions such as acne and eczema, naturally.
- Reduces the swelling and itchiness associated with insect bites and rashes.
- Natural head lice repellent – simply add a couple of drops to your shampoo.
- Ideal first aid treatment when going bush-wacking – for instance, when applied to a tick, the insect will release its hold.
- Acts as anti-fungal treatment, healing ailments like toenail fungus and Athlete’s foot.
- Helps cure halitosis and bad breath – dilute with water and gargle after brushing.
- Boasts anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Clears the air passage, especially after chest infections, bronchitis or asthma. Stir tea tree oil into boiling water and inhale the steam.
- Has the ability to sooth and heal earache. Simply mix 1 drop of tea tree oil with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and pour into the ear.
In and around the house, tea tree oil can be used to:
- Make clean laundry smell extra fresh – add a few drops to your washing detergent.
- Freshen the carpet – spray with water diluted tea tree oil to get that dank or moldy winter smell out.
- Clean mold – mix a couple of drops with apple cider vinegar and use it to scrub mold.
- Freshen the air – dilute a tablespoon of tea tree oil with water and pour into a spray bottle.
- Keep fleas at bay – spray pets’ beds and areas of the home with diluted oil.
Image Credit: www.fustany.com
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!