Popcorn is a fantastic healthier alternative to sweets and treats, so this holiday why not get creative with this simple home made delight? While popcorn can be perceived as a little bit bland, these simple sprinkle ideas are sure to bring a new twist to an old favourite – whether enjoyed in front of the TV or at a summer party:
- Feel good treat: Cinnamon, icing sugar and a variety of dried fruit, seeds and nuts.
- Simple savoury: Parsley, paprika, salt and a drizzle of melted butter.
- Eastern munchies: Cumin, coriander, a pinch of cayenne pepper and a sprinkle of salt.
- Greek inspired: Parmesan sprinkles with parsley, garlic salt and a drizzle of olive oil or balsamic vinegar.
- Hot & happening: Butter and (sweet) chilli sauce melted together and drizzled over.
- Onion & chives: Dried or fresh chives and a dusting of white onion soup powder.
- Gourmet: A mixture of lemon juice, black pepper, rosemary and salt tossed into the popcorn.
- Caffeine addict: Coffee powder, icing sugar and melted golden syrup or butter.
- Palate cleanser: Lemon zest, chilli powder and a sprinkle of salt.
- Italian lovin’: Oregano, basil, parsley and garlic salt with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Meaty man: Barbecue spice and small crunchy bacon bits with melted butter.
- Oriental bite: Wasabi salt or spice with a splash of soy sauce and sprinkle of dried nori.
- Chocolate frenzy: Cocoa powder, icing sugar and honey thinned with melted butter.
- Old faithful: A sprinkle of fine salt and a dash of vinegar with parsley just for fun.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!