Honeycomb is possibly one of the easiest recipes I’ve come across. It only has 3 ingredients and won’t create a massive mess in your kitchen – guaranteed! Plus, EVERYONE in the family LOVES this recipe!
- 4 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 200g Castor Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Bicarbonate of soda
- Grease a cooking tray.
- Heat the syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan.
- Bring the syrup and sugar to boil then simmer on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to let the mixture burn. You can test it by drop some syrup into the water and if it becomes brittle, you’re ready to rock ‘n roll!
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the bicarbonate of soda.
- You need to work fast now! Mix the mixture quickly as the bicarbonate of soda foams up immediately.
- Pour the mixture into the cooking tray immediately.
- Place the cooking tray in the fridge for a few minutes for your honeycomb to set. Alternatively leave out to cool slowly (sometimes this allows it to be even MORE delicious!)
- Once your honeycomb has set, take a small hammer and knock it in order to break off yummy pieces or just use your hands to break it into various sizes.
Extra Yummy Tip: Melt some cooking chocolate and pour it over the honeycomb mixture once it has set your family will love you for it!
This is not suitable for those on a diet – LOL! Don’t say I didn’t warn you 😛
Credit: Image courtesy of BBC.co.uk