Pizza makes anything possible.
Introduction (when it’s suitable, why it’s good to eat, etc)
The word “Funky” is perfectly suited to this BBQ Chicken Pizza – it’s colourful, crunchy, packed with flavour and great for any weekend meal! And, it is suitable for the whole family too!
With easy to purchase ingredients and short preparation and cooking times, this Funky BBQ Chicken Pizza will easily become a favourite for homemade pizzas in your household.
- 4 Ready Made Pizza Bases
- 200ml Tomato Base Sauce or Tomato Concasse
- 2 tsp dried Oreganum
- 400g Mozzarella Cheese
- 500g Chicken Breast Strips
- BBQ Knorr Smokey Barbeque Marinade
- 1 Red Onion, cut into rings
- 1 Yellow Pepper, julienned
- Fresh Parsley
- Remove the bases from the freezer and separate them so they can thaw out.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and fry the chicken strips till golden brown and just before they are done cooking, add 2/3 of the marinade and cook for about a minute.
- Remove the chicken from heat and set aside.
- Apply tomato sauce or concasse evenly to the entire top surface of the base.
- Season with oregano.
- Top with Mozzarella Cheese, ensuring it reaches the edge of the base.
- Slice the pizza into 6 even slices.
- Place the chicken evenly over each slice and top with the onion rings.
- Arrange yellow pepper slices around the pizza.
- Drizzle more of the BBQ marinade over the pizza and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes till cheese is melted.
Credit: Nicole Ferguson
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!