Still on the topic of Superfoods, acai berries are yet another one of Mother Nature’s bounty of which the benefits are virtually incalculable. While young and old can do well adding a handful of berries to their diet, research has found that women in particular see a great improvement in their health and lifestyle thanks to this juicy wonder fruit.
Acai berries can be purchased fresh from your local health store, as well as in dried or seed form – ideal for adding to your morning muesli or bakes. Alternatively keep your eyes peeled for acai berry juice or the powder which can be used as a fruity sweetener in certain recipes to turn guilty pleasures into healthy treats.
- Acai berries are packed with antioxidants known for lowering cholesterol.
- Improves overall heart health and prevents strokes and other cardiovascular diseases from arising.
- Boosts circulation and prevents blood clotting, while also having a relaxing effect on the vessels.
- Assists with weight-loss and general weight maintenance.
- Promotes healthy glowing skin, especially when applied externally as an oil.
- Contains plenty of vitamin C and ellagic acid, which boost the immune system while also preventing the development of cancer cells.
- Phenomenal anti-aging properties thanks to the high levels of phytochemicals known for slowing and reversing the aging process.
- Prevents fatigue from settling in, and naturally boosts the energy levels and stamina.
- Renowned for increasing blood circulation, especially to the reproductive organs, ultimately boosting the libido.
- High in fibre for improved digestion, while also detoxifying the body.
- Improves alertness, focus and overall mental development and function.
- Combats depression and prevents hormonal imbalances, especially during menopause.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!