Sleep, to me, is precious! My bed and I have a very special relationship – we are extremely close and we support each other each and every day– it’s a give and take relationship….
Then, I get kept awake with this:
This, people, is my beloved husband….going at it blissfully while sleeping beside me!
And, this is how I feel today:
So, I figured today would be a good time to share some insight into how to deal with your day when you are REALLY, REALLY tired.
Here are my suggestions for today on what to do when you feel drained and need a bit of help getting through your day with work and kids:
- Low GI foods
- Eat an apple
- Walk (believe it or not….getting the heart rate up gets the endorphins going!)
- Fatigue Fighter
- Eat fat free / low fat foods to help stay awake – noisy veggies are perfect e.g. celery, carrots, etc…
- Berocca C
- Eat every 3 hours
- Stay hydrated with water (stay away from the caffeine!)
- Have a lunch with protein
- Take your multi vitamin!
- Find a task that gets you really excited – excitement helps you to forget your tiredness!
- Chewing gum (not necessarily the healthiest thing around – use the Xylitol one for a healthy option)
- Ginseng Rooibos tea
I myself love the odd cup of coffee, but the above does help a whole lot and may just make your day that little more pleasant!
Have any particular remedies that work for you on these types of days, please share with me by commenting in the comments box below.
Have a good one, everyone! (yawn)
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!