If you’re still under the impression that salt is salt is salt, prepare yourself for a major mind-shift. You’ve probably spotted that pretty new pink salt sitting amongst the ever-so-bland white salts on the grocery store shelf. Now, before you cringe at the price, it’s important to realise that you’re not just paying for decorative salt, but for a product that could potentially hold many health benefits for your family.
According to those in the know, pink salt is mined from deep within the Himalayans. These salt beds were formed thousands of years ago, before being covered by centuries’ lava, snow and ice, protecting the salt from any type of pollution. This ultimately led to the belief that Himalayan pink salt is by far the purest type of salt you can find on the earth, let alone the grocery store shelf.
Now, the many different shades of pink, red and white found in a bottle of Himalayan pink salt is an indication of the salt particles’ varying mineral and iron content. Whereas normal table salts are commercially cleaned and bleached, pink salt still contains all its natural minerals – here are some of the benefits you can reap from choosing a “prettier salt”:
- Lower sodium content than ordinary table salt.
- Rich in valuable iodine.
- Contains more than 80 minerals, including magnesium, calcium and potassium.
- Helps the body regulate and maintain natural water balance of the cells.
- Helps balance the body’s pH levels.
- Reduces inflammation and prevents muscle cramping.
- Builds strong bones and muscles.
- Helps lower blood pressure and improve blood circulation.
- Dissolves toxins that build up in the body over time, ultimately detoxifying the body.
Where to Buy
Next to searching on Google or checking your local supermarket, these are 2 companies where you can definitely find it:
- Wellness Warehouse
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest