Contrary to popular belief, honey isn’t merely a “fancy sugar” or “rich man’s syrup” but contains a host of natural minerals and nutrients that can do wonders for the body. An important tip however is to look out for raw, unprocessed honey as the natural product contains more nutrients and minerals than overly processed varieties.
Here are just some of the many benefits you can expect when stocking your cupboard with the golden sweet stuff:
- Soothes sore throats and heals nasty coughs.
- Has multiple antibacterial properties and acts as an excellent immune booster.
- Ideal first aid remedy for wounds, cuts and burns.
- Reduces swelling and pain when applied externally.
- Combats the symptoms of hay fever and can act as natural antihistamine.
- Improves overall digestive health and prevents constipation and bloating.
- Two teaspoons eaten half an hour before meals can help treat ulcers.
- Ideal as a skin treatment or face mask. Naturally hydrates skin and heals acne.
- Soothes the itch and irritation caused by flee or mosquito bites.
- Boosts endurance and performance, especially when consumed before physical workout.
- Provides sustained energy and regulates blood sugar levels.
- Reduces high cholesterol to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Relaxes body and mind, and helps combat insomnia, especially when stirred into warm milk.
Try these quick and handy miracle combinations:
- For a hangover: Honey + Orange juice + Natural yogurt
- For weight loss: Honey + Lemon juice
- For constipation: Honey + Natural yogurt
- For detox / arthritis: Honey + Vinegar
- For overall good health: Honey + cinnamon
Image Credit: Huffington Post