Activated charcoal might seem like the new kid on the supplementary block, but in reality charcoal in its natural form has been a firm favourite since ancient days – used and consumed for its many rumoured medicinal properties. While the idea of munching a spoonful of ground charcoal is hardly an appetising thought, activated charcoal is completely odorless, tasteless, and safe to consume.
Known for its exceptional detoxifying effects, this modern form of charcoal ultimately flushes out toxins that are stored the body – especially heavy metals like arsenic, copper, mercury and lead which have a tendency to build up over years. In layman’s terms, these harmful particles cling to the activated charcoal and are then flushed clean out of the body. The result of this is renewed energy and a brand new thirst for life.
Over and above the detoxifying properties, activated charcoal can also:
- Reduce bad cholesterol.
- Reverse the damage caused by high cholesterol.
- Help prevent coronary disease and arteriosclerosis.
- Balance out pathogens.
- Act as a highly effective antidote for most chemicals and poisons.
- Relieve insect bites and pain caused by bee stings.
- Improve digestion and intestinal health.
- Increase quality and longevity of life.
- Prevent and reduce common signs of ageing.
- Reduce acne and improve overall skin health.
- Whiten and strengthen teeth.
It’s important to note that, due to the fact that activated charcoal is a known antidote, it can render prescription medications useless. So please consult a doctor before mixing this magnificent supplement with other medications.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!