As some of you know, I’m a HUGE fan of Lego and DUPLO and my kids are even bigger fans! My kids can play for hours with both Lego and DUPLO and while it keeps the creative minds going, it’s also great for eye and hand co-ordination.
DUPLO, as many of you know, is the larger sized LEGO pieces and perfect for kids aged 1.5 to 5 years.
The My First Caterpillar set came out this year (I was lucky to receive one of these sets) and other than it being a super cute set, it has been so well designed for younger (little) hands.
About the DUPLO My First Caterpillar Set
The set includes colour blocks / bricks that can be numbered 1, 2 and 3 and / or decorated as Apple, Carrot and Flowers. And, of course, the face of the beautiful caterpillar to make it more life-like.
Additional blocks / bricks are included so little ones can transform the colour caterpillar into a butterfly as they continue to play.
A building card is included to help guide little ones (and, lets’ face it – help parents too!) with the building process.
Why DUPLO My First Caterpillar Set
DUPLO is always a great go-to option for gifts whether it be for birthday, Xmas or just for a special occasion.
Here are some great reasons it’s worth considering for your little one or a friend / family’s little one:
- Great for one-on-one time with parent or a sibling
- These blocks are educational and in this instance, these blocks will help with counting and understanding numbers.
- Helps with fine motor skills.
- Encourages creativity and stimulation of little one’s imagination.
- Easy to keep clean and easy to pack away.
- They are waterproof and while this may not sound like a big benefit, when you have children who are water lovers like mine and very often bring their toys to bath time, it’s a big POSITIVE TICK when toys are waterproof.
- Durable – these blocks will last and they work well together with the smaller Lego pieces. So, as your child grows and moves onto the smaller Lego pieces, they can still make use of the DUPLO pieces in their new designs and creations.
Overall, if you have a child between 1.5 and 5 years, consider this option DUPLO My First Caterpillar Set when looking for a toy with many benefits and that can guarantee lots of fun!
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!