Let’s face it – nappies, baby grows and goodie hampers are our go-to gifts when it comes to baby showers, but there’s no reason why you can’t get creative! Here are a couple of ideas to keep it fresh and interesting:
- Throw the whole gift thing on its head and aim it at the inexperienced yet practical dad-to-be – whether it be a trendy nappy bag or a changing kit with instructions.
- Instead of a traditional hamper, create a tiered baby shower “cake” display out of towels, diapers and other baby goodies. You can even roll small baby clothes and handtowels into roses or pop it inside a cupcake holder for an extra cute display.
- Make a compilation disk of baby-friendly music that will soothe the little one to sleep, and get mom a little treat like chocolates or bubble bath which she can enjoy in peace.
- If it’s going to be a girl, keep a lookout for girlie baby accessories and put together a fashion kit filled with goodies like felt headbands, baby-safe brooches and adorable booties.
- If you’re going the baby powder and petroleum jelly route, make the packaging interesting – for instance, fill a big jar, cookie tin or pretty handbag with everyday baby goodies.
- Get creative with a simple DIY project – for instance, make a felt doll, a baby bib, growing chart or pretty baby-room bunting.
- Put together a winter kit for Baby, complete with cute little hat, booties and snuggly blanket, plus hot chocolate and slippers for Mom.
- Surprise the mommy-to-be with a scrapbook kit so that she can get start collecting those memories bright and early!
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!