After posting about the 15 Things a Mom Should Teach Her Boys, I couldn’t resist putting the same type of list together for girls. My parents taught me a lot of these things and 1 or 2 I didn’t get (I can’t change a tyre!!), so here’s the list I’ve put together for you.
- She is beautiful just the way she is!
- She is enough and capable of anything!
- Good hygiene doesn’t have to take long. It just has to happen.
- Respect your body.
- Care about other people.
- Don’t let your circumstances drain your ambition.
- Never, ever expect a man to do for you what you can do for yourself.
- Be serious about your money.
- Friends are going to come and go.
- Modesty isn’t an old-fashioned ideal.
- Gossip is dangerous.
- Don’t be afraid to walk into a room alone.
- Trust your instincts. If it feels wrong, it probably is.
- Read often and much.
- Laughter can diffuse many a challenging situation.
- Block out the voices.
- How to change a tyre.
- Look people in the eye when you talk to them.
There is a whole lot more we can teach our girls, so just keep on teaching and enjoy every minute!
Image Credit: fanciful-fanciful.blogspot.com
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!