I received this email from one of my friends last week and given I am in the process of raising 2 boys, I thought it was a fun read and worth sharing. So, if you have a boy – read on!
- The kitchen? Not just for girls. Learn to use a stove.
- If a girl tries to change you she doesn’t really love you no matter how much you want her to.
- Shower daily, keep your nails trim and use deodorant.
- A dutch oven is never funny. EVER.
- It is NEVER acceptable to break up with a girl over the phone.
- Understand how to use basic tools.
- When you ask a girl, “Is something wrong?” and she says, “No.” She’s lying.
- The job of a stay-at-home mom is equally as hard as yours.
- Table manners. Use them.
- You will never know a stronger pull than that of your friends trying to get you to participate in their wrong doing. Resisting makes you a man. Succumbing makes you a coward.
- NEVER use your fists to solve ANY dispute. One wrong punch could take a life and it could be yours.
- Condoms will save your life.
- Never use the word gay in a derogatory manner. It’s ignorant.
- Sexting is a federal offense.
- Real girls do not look like Victoria’s Secret models.
There you have it! I’m sure there’s plenty more we can teach our boys, but this is a good and fun start!
Image Credit: SheKnows.com
Join the List
Subscribe to our mailing list and stay informed on what's happening on MomTalk!